“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
~ Howard Thurman
The Dream Academy is a place.
It's a building, with a pink, kidney-shaped couch, beside some parlour palms - atmosphere is everything.
This is where you wait.
Inside, are the Dream Agents - they sit at small, red, kidney-shaped desks, that face both ways, and the walls are red, too - textured. It's like a womb, where you give birth to dreams.
Dream Agents are available for consults; they will connect you with information and mentors connected to your dreams.
If you do not know your dreams, they will help you diagnose them through a series of questionnaires.
And if it turns out your dreams change - just come back again for realignment!
On the back wall, is a community billboard for inspiration, spontaneity, and surprise... also, coffee and tea, and a table for meetings, productivity, and meeting others dreamers. But you clean up after yourself.
An example case works likes this:
* you know nothing about it, but you want to be a chef - INSPIRED
* Your Dream Agent will work with you to define your options pertaining to what sort of chef you want to become: patisserie; burgers; high class; food art, etc
We'll talk about all the things about your dream that make you come alive! - DEFINED
* You'll be connected through our database to the relevant courses, mentors, and D.A. affiliates for practising, learning, and networking; including local restaurants willing to take on some passionate, casual learners with short-term commitments and potential long-range vision. You'll be informed of up and coming public demonstrations relevant to your field of interest, festivals, lectures, conventions etc - CONNECTED
* A collection of resources, optional activities, and necessary tools will made available for you eg: suggested viewing relevant to your style, such as Claire Robinson, Jamie Oliver, Nigella Lawson, etc
Activities like helping out at a local soup kitchen, performing demonstrations, mobile-food, and supplies such as uniforms and knives - and skills like OH&S, Liquor Handling and more
* Transport to and fro your meetings and excursions, either by car-pool, D.A. bus, public transport, private transport, or time travel - MOVED
* Dedicated to Helping You Make Your Dreams Come True! *
* becoming a DJ
* publishing a book
* becoming an inventor
* opening a temple
* becoming a travel show host
* recording an album
and anything you can dream up...!
The Dream Academy is available to everyone, as a public service, just like a library, that is government funded or not, connected to the community, by the people and for the people, and may have paid-for services that should definitely be affordable, providing scholarships, concession prices, free cases, and at a cost for people who can afford it. No one should be excluded from the community, or unsupported in following their dreams.
It can replace "job networks" connected to welfare systems, the world over. They are Soul Destroying. The world needs people who have come alive.